The EasyGate inductive ground probe can activate your gate automation by just driving past the probe!
Sometimes called "Free-exit Probe"
It simply detects the metal (such as your vehicle) which passes within the probes magnetic field of approx 5m radius.
The probe is generally installed alongside the driveway a short distance away from the gate.
You can mount the probe on a post or bury 10 cm underground. The length of the cable is 15m and is connected to your gate control box.
EasyGate recommend you connect to the OPEN ONLY function terminals of your gate control board which ONLY opens the gate. AUTO CLOSE function must be enabled in order for the gate to close. If the gate is already open or opening, triggering the input will have no effect other than to reset the Auto Close timer. If the gate is closing, triggering the OPEN ONLY input will immediately stop and re-open the gate. An infrared beam can be used instead of an inductive ground loop, but the beam will be activated if a person (or any object) moves through it, so this option is typically less secure.
· Simple installation
· Easy sensitivity adjustments
· Energy conservation
· Easy integration
· Probe assembly and wire are water tight and direct burial compatible
· Settings are placed in a non-volatile memory in case of power failure
· Accepts wide range of power inputs from 9 – 41 VDC
· Low current consumption of 250uA standby and 12mA activated
Where this product may NOT work
- Where there is fast moving vehicles within 20m of the probe such as trucks on a highway or a neighbor's right-away .
- Where there is an electrical transformer within 20m of the probe
- Where there is an electric fence within 3m of the probe
- Where there is mains power within 1m of the probe.
Also we suggest only having one probe per gate installation.
Note: Exit wands / sensors should not be used on properties in which the driveway gate is designed to keep in pets, children or live stock due to possibility for unintentional openings. Our suggestion is to use a keypad for exiting so the gate will only open when it is intended to by code